Monday, May 21, 2012

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Quad

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Quad
Precious Crown

Precious Crown called out to me! I was so hopeful for the dark gothic purple, black, blue and green. This lovely quad was picked up at Target.
The reason why there is no swatch picture for this eyeshadow quad is because no matter what I did, lighting, camera, no base, shadow base, I just couldn't get the shadows to show up other than black. So basically they all liked like the black. These shadows are all very dark, even thought they don't look it. When I used them over NYX white eyeshadow primer you can start to see the blue, purple or green tints. I would say these colors have more of a duo chrome effect. Meaning you see the color when the light hits it just right.

I have other Rimmel Eyeshadows that I love, for the $4.99 price tag, I would go with the bright quads. Now I'm not saying this is a bad palette, but I was expecting for the colors to come out closer to what they look like in the pan. The shadows blend well, I didn't have issues with excess fallout, staying power was wonderful. I used over NYX white eyeshadow base and I didn't have any creasing issues.



2 comments:

  1. u are absolutely right i returned the palette from target . only the green looked like a dark green everything else was black when swatched .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like soot. I seriously though I got a defective one at first. Awful and worthless---wish I didn't buy!

    ReplyDelete