Monday, May 21, 2012

NYX Matte Lipstick & Lip Cream

NYX Matte Lipstick & Soft Matte Lip Cream
Lipstick in Shocking Pink, Lip Cream in Addis Ababa

I was going back and forth on whether to do this as 2 reviews or one review. They are two different products but both are NYX Matte products. So I will do one review in two parts. I snagged these from Harmons - Face Values. They must have just stocked because I was just there last week and they didn't have the Matte Lipsticks. 
One of my favorite lip colors is pink, and the brighter the pink the better! My eye will zero in on a pink from half way across the store lol. Well I have no idea how I missed the Soft Matte Lip cream so many times! I have one in a red that I love, and I'm actually big on matte lipsticks.

Soft Matte Lip Cream
"It's not a lipstick, nor is it a gloss, it's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte." - NYX Bottle

The applicator is the standard doe foot, which for these is wonderful. I know you may be thinking "it looks so dry!" It does have a almost powder look/feel to it, but it is so creamy! The color payoff of the lip creams is FA-NOMINAL! The below swatch is just one swipe! Look at how opaque it is! Overall I love wearing the matte lip creams, I have paired them with lipsticks, but they really don't need it. They aren't drying at all, but I also always apply chapstick, lip balm or a lip primer before matte lip products to ensure my lips are smooth. 

NYX Matt Lipstick
Isn't the package so cute!

Oh I was so excited to find this in Harmons! The color is just so bright!!! And look at the bullet, the pointness of it!

So now that I have another pink matte lipstick I will be looking for a red one. I really love NYX lip products, I have never had an issue with color payoff, wear time, or funky looks one way in the package but other way on my lips.



I did however have trouble trying to photograph this lipstick, it is just so bright and wonderful, but my camera was being a PITA!


Like I said I was able to pick these up in Harmons -Face Values, each were $5.99 
I really love matte lipsticks, because to me its like getting two lipsticks in one, because if I want them to shine I can just add a clear gloss or a complimentary colored gloss.

I want to know are you a fan of matte lips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment